Information for New Students
Welcome to the Programming Languages Group! Here is some information for new students.
When you join the group
Please do the following:
- Subscribe to the PL group mailing list to receive emails with announcements related to the group.
- Add the events calendar to your calendar.
- Please send an email with
to Marianna (email@example.com),
so that you can be added to the group member
and contact lists.
- your name
- your supervisor's name
- a brief list of research interests
- your office number
- a link to your website, if you have one
- a photo of yourself
- We organize biweekly Friday PL seminars (announced on calendar and mailing list),
in which members of the group present their research.
- On the other Fridays, we organize lunch palavers (also on calendar and mailing list).
Palavers are informal lunch presentations on an arbitrary topic (like one's hobby).
- If you are interested in type systems, you can join our reading group meetings (separate calendar and mailing list).